Reviving The Blog , Sort Of, In Time For Christmas. With Karens!

A Christmas fright from Karens! 
Just for laughs and giggles, I've decided now, after the gardening season ended, that I have time to devote to this blog thingy, so I'm reviving it. At least for awhile. 

This blog has mostly been on hiatus since spring, since I didn't have time to deal with it. But let's go for broke. 

Since it's the Christmas season, let's start with the holiday spirit, if you will. With Karens, since they've been all the rage - literally - this year.

Jimmy Kimmel recently had a fantastic holiday Karen segment that you have to watch.  It starts pretty frighteningly, with a woman doing an anti-vax version of Mariah Carey's Christmas classic "All I Want For Christmas Is You."  Sweet Mariah can sing this lovely song.

Anti-vax Karen.......cannot.

Anti-Vax Karen, "performing" at a San Diego county board meeting, reworked the lyrics into extreme nonsense. Worse, her singing voice is about as good as the tragic sound of several cats being impaled on a cactus during a tornado.   

Thankfully, on Kimmel's video we have the original cast of a show called "A Christmas Karen"

Oh, they look the part and boy do they sing the part! I especially love the sullen, gum-chewing Karen on keyboard who doesn't sing. 

Sample lyrics, to the tune of "I Wish You A Merry Christmas" go like this, "I swear that I'm not a racist, I have a Black friend!"

For "Auld Lang Syne, the Karens sing, "I don't know what Auld Lang Syne means, it sounds like a Muslim prayer! If I hear you sing it, I'll call ICE, and deport you all I swear!"

They finish it up with a terrific over the top version of "Carol Of The Bells," which I know will be the new Christmas classic.

Here's the video.  Mobile phone users will need to click on this hyperlink to view. Skip to 1:20 into the video to enjoy the Karens.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Ban Gender Reveal Parties

My Annual Darlene Love Christmas Tradition Screwed Up By What Else? Covid. Still Making It Work, Though!