Google "Get Your Covid Vax Ad" A Surprisingly Emotional Gut Punch

An image from a very simple, but also very effective PSA
from Google encouraging us to get Covid vaccines.
A lot of public outreach is going on now to encourage everyone to get their Covid vaccines to defeat this horrible pandemic once and for all. 

A big part of the effort are public service advertisements, designed to convince us all to get our vaccines.  The more we overcome the hesitancy among some people to get the shot, the closer we get to herd immunity and end the pandemic. 

Spoiler: In my case, they're preaching to the choir.  I am SO looking forward to getting my first Covid shot this coming Wednesday.

One ad that came out about a week ago is from Google. You can see it at the bottom of this post, and it's totally worth the watch. 

If you watch the ad, a warning: If you're anything like me, you might need a Kleenex, because the one minute PSA packs a surprising emotional punch.  At least for me, it did.

I don't know why I reacted to the ad as I did. Pandemic fatigue, probably.

The Google ad is deceptively simple. Against simple piano music in the background and a few sound cues, the video just shows the familiar Google home page with somebody typing in what you'd consider pandemic-related searches. 

About halfway through the ad, though, these Google searches start to take on a more hopeful tone.  The ad ends with a tagline: "Get back to what you love," followed by one very, very important final Google search. 

Quite an effective ad, if you ask me.  It does tug on your emotional heart strings, and thus the ad is manipulative. But isn't that the point?  Great work by Google with this, I must say. 

Here's the video clip.  Click on the YouTube logo right after punching the red arrow to make the video bigger, easier to see: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Annual Darlene Love Christmas Tradition Screwed Up By What Else? Covid. Still Making It Work, Though!

Back To Dumb Criminals:Check Out This Bank Robber

Time To Ban Gender Reveal Parties