Yeah, I'm A Pyromaniac, But Only With Safe Brush Piles

Leave a pile of brush to dry for a year, and then set it on
fire, and it really takes off. My back yard burn last month.
Looks scary, but all under control.
 I know it's not the most environmentally friendly way to get rid of a huge amount of brush, but I do like to make burn piles on my relatively rural Vermont property. 

A few weeks ago, I made a nice one!

The pile had been sitting there since last winter. Covid restrictions meant I couldn't get a permit for the burn last March and April.

 I didn't want to do the burn during the dry weather we had last summer and fall, so I let the pile sit. 

The time finally came New Year's weekend. We'd just had some rain and snow, so everything around was either wet or frozen. No chance of starting a nearby forest fire. I was also able to obtain a town permit for the fire this time.

With the brush pile having a year to dry out, the fire really took off.  A couple of pieces of paper as kindling, and certainly no accelerates, the blaze took off in minutes. It was quite a satisfying show.

For those of you who have an inner pyromaniac streak, here's a satisfying video of my brush pile video. 

As always, click on the video, especially the YouTube logo to make the video bigger and easier to see.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Ban Gender Reveal Parties

My Annual Darlene Love Christmas Tradition Screwed Up By What Else? Covid. Still Making It Work, Though!

Reviving The Blog , Sort Of, In Time For Christmas. With Karens!