Darlene Love's Merry Christmas Tradition In This Weird Year

My annual Darlene Love Christmas greeting.   A very 
different year, Notice the face mask on the drummer.
We can still hope for better days ahead, with 
Darlene's help
Every year for at least a decade now, I've featured Darlene Love's "Christmas Baby (Please Come Home) as a holiday tradition at Christmas. 

As she does every year, first for the David Letterman show and now for "The View," Love performed this classic again, much to my delight. 

The song is bitterly ironic this year.  We're not supposed to go home for Christmas this year. We don't want to risk spreading Covid to our loved ones during this pandemic. 

So I'm sure this song inspires more yearning than usual in 2020.  But it's optimistic in a way, too. It will get brighter in the future, as the cheerful, take-me-to-church melody suggests.

I hope everybody is safe and as happy as they can be. Merry Christmas and here's to a much better 2021!

Video: As always, click on the YouTube logo to make the video larger and easier to see.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Ban Gender Reveal Parties

My Annual Darlene Love Christmas Tradition Screwed Up By What Else? Covid. Still Making It Work, Though!

Reviving The Blog , Sort Of, In Time For Christmas. With Karens!